Common Sense of Bag Maintenance20 Januari 2011
Cloth bag maintenance
The cloth bags' fabric usually are canvas, denim and cotton, linings are usually made of nylon and cotton. In general, cloth bags can be washing or dry-cleaning, but for some fabric bags, which, with many stripes or colors are very bright, dry cleaning is the prefered method, otherwise they will fade.
When clean cloth bag, you need prepare some water which has added little washing-up liquid in, then use small velvet brush dip in the water, brush lightly along the cloth veins. For most of cloth bags' cleaning, use small velvet brush to clean dust frequently is enough, besides this, in order to keep their shape pretty, some bags need ironing.
Key points for cloth bag :
When cleaning: Soak in saline for 15 minutes; use soap and velvet brush wash or hand wash separately; iron at medium setting.
Note : If there is leather part on cloth bag, do not soak, no direct sunlight; remove movable accessories before cleaning.
Leather bag maintenance
Leather bags are mainly made of cowhide, sheepskin, pigskin, PVC, chamois-leather and other materials. Relatively high quality bag usually has its maintaining instructions enclosed. If there isn't, don't worry, noting the following key points is enough, remember, these tips are for leather bag.
1. In general, leather bags require occasional cleaning and frequently oiled.
Concrete method: smear maintenance oil on a piece of clean cotton first, then use it wipe bag surface evenly. Pay attention, in order to avoid damaging the leather, you need avoid swearing the oil on the leather directly, especially pay attention to avoid damage made by those chemicals. For those hard leather bags, you should avoid hard and sharp obejects scratching on them.
2. Leather has strong absorb power, espeacially high-grade frosted leather, pay attention to antifouling.
3. Soak a dry towel in water, then wring it out, use it wipe the bag for several times, do this once a week.
4. If leather is dirty, use a wet sponge soaks in mild wash-up liquid, then use it wipe the leather, let it dry naturally. Check this method on little plain part before use it formally.
5. When leather stained with grease, use a piece of clean cotton wipe the grease out, if there is remains, let it disperse naturally or clean with washing-up liquid. Do not wash with water.
6. Hardware maintenance on leather: use a dry cloth to wipe them after use. If hardware oxidized, try rub them with flour or toothpaste.
7. Enamelled leather's luster is great and it's not easy to adsorb dust, so rub it with a piece of soft cloth is a proper way for enamelled leather bag.
8. Shiny leather bag, rub with a piece of soft cloth dipped a little special maintenance oil, then rub harder on leather.
9. Mat leather, usually just need rub with cloth lightly, if it's very dirty, try to wipe the dirty part with eraser-like rubber.
10. The natural oil in the leather will reduce with the passage of time or use too much, so even those high-grade leather goods should be maintained on regular basis.
11. If leather get blotchy or black spots on it, try use a same-colored leather soak with alcohol, then rub the leather with it.
When chamois-leather bag getting dirty, the blotchy can be eraser out directly. When maintain, use velvet brush brush along the fur, until it's getting flat.
Flannel bag maintenance
First, wash the bag with the regular method, then wash the flannel part again with mild liquid soap; when dry in air, put the flannel part upward; if meet rainy weather, it's better to use dryer.
PS: When clean the flannel part, use mild liquid soap or mild washing-up liquid is ok, but because collar cleaner can keep color from fading and can clean the flannel more thoroughly, so collar cleaner is a better choice.
1. Genuine leather bags should be sent to maintenance shop regularly to have thorough cleaning and sterilization. Due to specialized facilities add mold-removing and sterilization medicine into water during the process of cleaning, they can help you get rid of bacteria and mold.
2. Getting drenched in the rain or affected with damp may cause bags become moldy, under this condition, use a piece of dry cloth wipe the stain and mold is a proper way. But never use water and gasoline, because gasoling may harden leather, gasoline will evaporate the oil in leather make it chapped.
3. When not in use, put all things in bag out, remove the dust, wipe gently, in order to avoid bag getting out of shape, you'd better fill it with paper, then hang it up.
4. Make sure the genuine bag has been thoroughly cleaned before being stored, because it's very important to keep bag's shape and prolong its service life. Do remember dry it in a shade for a while before store. In order to keep leather's color and luster beautiful, we can coat a layer of milk or glycerol on it, which can help avoid color change in the long-term storage.5. Pay close attention to protect all hardware and zippers, do your best to prevent oxidation
There are two distinct styles hitting the runways - geometric and bauble. Bold, bright colors and metallics are also popular when it comes to statement necklaces. This is one jewelry trend that's easy to wear no matter where you are going
Batu Permata Berdasarkan Warna Mata
Di beberapa negara, cara yang paling tepat untuk mengenakan suatu perhiasan adalah dengan mengkombinasikan secara harmonis dengan warna mata.
Cara memilih aksesoris yang tepat buat Anda
Aksesoris ibarat garam dalam masakan, sedikit saja akan merubah penampilan jadi sempurna namun jika berlebihan akan merusak segalanya. Bagaimana trik agar aksesoris pas dan membuat penampilan makin ok?
Batu Permata Berdasarkan Hari Kelahiran
Beberapa orang menentukan pilihannya pada batu permata berdasarkan hari kelahirannya
Cara merawat perhiasan
Berikut adalah tips singkat dalam merawat, menyimpan dan membersihkan perhiasan anda.